Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Some rehab sabotage going on here -- sleep, sleep

When I had the nurse visit on Sunday I had asked her to check with the doctors to see if they could give me some Ambien. I had been taking Ambien in the hospital and it really did help me sleep. I am an insomniac and sleep just a couple hours of night every night normally. But with the pain from the cellulitis and the distraction from the covers on the leg I was waking up probably every hour during the night and it was just tearing me up not being able to get any sleep.

The script got called into our pharmacy and Frank went to get it last night. We settled down to watch major crimes.  But I had one more session of physical therapy to do.

 My plans were that I would take the pain pill at eight and do my exercises at nine after major crimes. And I would take the Ambien at bedtime.

At 8 o'clock the pill Frank gave me looked different from the pills that I have been taking. But I took it anyway. In 15 minutes I was falling asleep! He had given me the Ambien instead of a pain pill.

As I did my exercises I would take a break between the various pumps and movements of my leg and I would drift off to sleep. He would have to wake me up to continue on.

I slept till about 3 o'clock this morning. I woke up went to the bathroom, repositioned myself back in bed and went back to sleep.  It was the best nights sleep I've had in a while!!


3 comments:

  1. Well he is trying to help. Glad you got some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Frank, read the bottle next time. LOL!! Glad you got a good nights sleep! When I have trouble sleeping sometimes I take a big swig of Nitequil. I usually keeps me out to about 2 or 3 am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! What a nightmare you are dealing with - good news is it can only get better, right?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!