Saturday, August 30, 2014

Cheddar Top Is Finished


And it feels so good!

Frank was watching the LSU play.  He says they have fairy dust that whoever is their coach throws on them in the halftime talk.  You can tell I am not a sports fan,  I can't think of the coach's name.

I was putting the finishing touches on the Cheddar quilt.

I finished sewing the rows together this afternoon.  After a visit to Carrabas and CC's for coffee, I
added a red inner border.  Then the final border.

And I am really impressed with myself for not having to rip out any blocks to make sure they were all going the same way!  I think that is a first as well. 

And I must have finally figured out how to do it, I think this so the first time ever in all my quilting years.....that a quilt came out mostly square!

I had to get Frank to hold it for the picture because it is too large for the design wall.  I can get it up there but it hides behind part of the table.  The cutting table that is pile high with junk and fabric!!!!

Oh well, I just have to keep quilting!!!

I think tomorrow I will work on Carrie's quilt that is on the frame.  I put one of the baby quilts on the frame because she wanted to play around with a lot of patterns and develop some skills.  But since before my surgery 9 weeks ago she has not touched it.

It wants to be quilted so I will oblige!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I never worry about even sides. I don't enter my quilts in shows and don't care to be judged as I don't care what other people think. :o) That red inner is a nice break in the cheddars. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this quilt!!! The colors, the wonkiness of those squares,the shadow effect....this is ART!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good see you quilting again :-) love that cheddar color

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!