Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Eco-Bundle Red

I put a second eco-bundle together this afternoon using the same silk and


beets (should do well as it totally stained my hands)

onion skins (they were white onions so I am not sure what that will do)

blood oranges  and avocado skins.

Yes, I had to eat two avocados for art's sake.........


And I took my walnut shells and acorns, beat them into submission with a meat beater and put them into a pot to boil.  They are not sitting outside "steeping". 

Them immediately turned a nice dark brown.......

Lots of nice happy things happening. 

If you take the center of the acorns and dry them, then grind them, you can make a very bitter flour that is edible.

Interesting stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Can't wait to see what the beets do. Did raw beets make all that color on your hands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you keeping the dogs away from your project outside!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!