Thursday, October 1, 2015

Zig Zags - From Cultural Fusion

I made a few more zig zags today.  I still have trouble rotary cutting but with a very sharp blade that slices through like butter, I can get a straight edge. It doesn't stay sharp very long!  LOL

These blocks are 16 inches square so this will be the quilt after the next two blocks are made.  Lara B of Buzzin Bumble Quilty Pleasures told me about a new project called Ad Hoc Improv Group.  Check it out and see if you might want to join in.

I have to rest a bit, as the ligament that was torn is one of the ones that grab the handle of the rotary cutter.  But I am getting there.  The ligament works the little finger and the ring finger and there is a lot of weakness still in those two.

I also made another backing.  For the Fireworks quilt.  So that one will go into the line waiting for the long arm to be free!



6 comments:

  1. Using the rotary cutter just might be good physical therapy- are you going to PT? Maybe they can incorporate it into your recovery somehow. ( get insurance to buy you a new pack of blades?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks look good up on the wall - I like your balance of quiet and strong colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely zigzag blocks, I like their graphic effect in those colours! I hope your hand improves soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fractured blocks look great! It is amazing what muscles and ligaments you need to rotary cut! I found the Ad Hoc Improv group a few days ago and posted my Rock t-shirt quilt. I am looking forward to seeing where this group heads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever tried the Martelli ergo rotary cutter - I can use it without issues (cannot use the standard Olfa straight design - grip strength is an issue as well as arthritis).

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!