Wednesday, April 27, 2016

LSU Visiting Professor

I woke up with just a mild pain in my jaw.  More of a bruising than hurt pain.  Still taking the penicillin or whatever derivative I have.  My experience with the last one is that it will hurt like this for a week, but then I will no longer notice it.

Waiting for that to happen.

I am playing visiting professor in a segment of HR at LSU for the next few days.  Of course it is the day that predicts severe thunder storms and possibly hail as I walk across campus. How perfectly wonderful is that? 

Maybe 5 or 8 years ago now, LSU decided that there was to be no cars in the middle of campus.  It didn't affect me when I was training at the Vet School, so I didn't pay much attention.  My view of the internal campus comes from when I was taking Law courses and the Law School is pretty close to the edge of campus and not blocked off at the time.

So now I have to walk about 3/4 mile from parking to building. 

I am putting everything into a back pack and putting on my tennies and raincoat and heading out.

I hope it stays north of us like some forecasters seem to think.
 
http://radar.weather.gov/lite/N0R/LCH_loop.gif



4 comments:

  1. I watched Aerial America on the Smithsonian Channel and they did Louisiana so I had to watch. I did not realize LSU was in Baton Rouge! It was very interesting to see LA from the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are able to dodge most of the rain drops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professor! Impressive I'll bet they love you. With your sense of humor you must be a really good teacher. Just don't tell them you are a fish murderer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, you're a vet and a fish murderer...
    Then you went to law school. (self-defense anyone?)
    And now you're playing professor? It all seems just a little fishy to me..... lol

    Hope you were able to make it without getting drenched. We had a huge storm with buckets of rain.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!